Are you always looking for the perfect picture to add to your blog to enhance your post? Do you search Google images and hope that you find an image that is not copyrighted? I do!
Now there is a new plugin that will do all the work for you – Photo Dropper. Photo Dropper is a WordPress plugin that allows you to add Flickr photos to your posts. Follow these simple steps to install Photo Dropper on your WordPress blog:
- Download and unzip the plugin. This will create a directory – /photo_dropper
- FTP the the folder to your /wp-content/plugins directory for your blog.
- In your WordPress admin panel, click on Plugins and Activate the Photo Dropper plugin.
- Next, click on Options at the top of your WordPress admin panel and then click on Photo Dropper.
- Set your blog preferences. Note: If you have a commercial blog you must check “Show only photos that can be used commercially” in the preferences.
- When you start to write a new post, you will notice a new section under the editor entitled “Photo Dropper Browse Photos”.
- Type in a keyword and click on “Search”. Photo Dropper will bring up related pictures for your blog.
- Click on the size (S, M or L) under the photo that you want to display and the photo is automatically inserted in your blog.
- Credits are automatically added to the photo.
I decided that I would try and see if I could add photos that I had uploaded to Flickr. Your photos will only show up if you have a Pro account and if you choose the right Creative Commons license. I choose the license: Attribution-ShareAlike Creative Commons. This means that the photo can be shared and remixed, only if the owner is given credit even if the image is altered.
If you are planning to use your own photos, make sure you give them at least three tags and use those tags for your keyword search. Here is the photo I took with the proper credit: